Friday, January 19, 2007

Destruction - not always a bad thing



The last two days my husband and I have turned this - into this -
It may look worse in the second picture but believe me, it's much better. Next we'll replumb the house and get ready to sheet rock not just the bath room but the kitchen, dining room, and living room too. When we bite into a project we don't just nibble hehehe.

Anyway, while we've been working on our investment property I haven't had much time or energy to work on revising my MS. So far I've managed about 3 pages. I can't let the slow progress bog me down, though. I know this is a great story and hopefully it will be a great ms after this next revision. I'll be concentrating on a few specific things and since I've been away from this project long enough to see it with fresh eyes I'll also be looking for some of the same things I focused on in my early editings and revisions such as consistency with plot and character information and effective dialogue tags. I want each action that my characters perform to paint a picture inside the reader's head and enable them to see what's happening as if they were watching a movie. Ok, great expectations for my writing, after all we don't read in color or even in 3D but I remember when I was growing up someone once told me to shoot for the moon and maybe I'd get close. Color and 3D writing are probably a whole nother galaxy dream shot (hehehe) but as with the house project I'm working on, I seem to be a glutton for punishment.

No comments: